Microblogging social media app for sharing and reposting updates
Twitter is one of the first (and arguably the best!) free social networking services that allow you to reach out to friends, family, coworkers and keep up with the world on the go.
Twitter comes loaded with all of the standard features you expect from a social media app such as the ability to follow and unfollow others, write your own tweets or retweet posts by others, as well as enable push notifications directly to your android device to stay up to date with breaking news from friends, family, and what matters to you.
The new Moments tab allows you to instantly catch up with the latest in news, sports, entertainment and fun so you’re never out of the loop. Share more with extended support for Periscope and built-in photo filters.
While the app does offer a great experience overall, there are some minor issues to consider. Some users have reported screen lag when refreshing their feeds, random “Twitter has stopped” messages, and getting too many Twitter notifications on their phone.
Overall, Twitter is a great way to stay connected and keep in touch with the people and things that matter to you.
- Moments The latest news and information is always a tap away.
- Enhanced Photo Tools Enhance your social media experience with built-in photo editing and animated GIF support.
- Easy to Use Designed from the ground up to be easy to use, safe, and secure.
- 140 Character Limit While images and animated gifs are no longer included in the character count, you’re still limited to short tweets.
- Ad Supported The app is free and ad-supported; some users have complained about excessive advertising in their feed.
Get ready for the new dark mode, now with 2 options – dim and lights out – and an automatic setting!